Getting your home ready for Showings
Remove all personal photos. When potential buyers study the people in the photos, it subconsciously reinforces the fact that you live there – not them. It is distracting.
- De-clutter. Remove unnecessary items from kitchen counters, pack away extra books etc. A home ready to be sold can look stark to you compared to how you live in the home but it allows the buyer to visualize how they’ll fit into the home.
- No more cooking with garlic, fish or other highly aromatic foods – at least prior to a showing.
- Clean all the windows – inside and out.
- Remove mats from kitchen and bathroom floors.
- Clean the gutters and wash your hot water tank and furnace.
- Put out white towels and hide all toiletries.
- Hide all pet dishes, litter boxes and pet beds.